Love the minimalism of your modern midcentury furniture but ache for some decor? Do you need to spruce up a room but are worried about clutter and over-decorating? These modern midcentury home accessories are perfect for adding colorful detail in a room that yearns for simple style. Choose one as a focal point or mix and match to create combinations that will transform your room into a midcentury haven.
1. The Sputnik Chandelier - Without having to add wildly designed furniture or crazy colors, the sputnik chandelier's eccentric style gives a plain, white room the focal point it craves. (Via South Shore Decorating)
2. Wood Accents and Floors - One of the best looks in the midcentury modern trend is the natural wood pieces that go well with any furniture. Whether it's in the legs of a table or chair or it's a wooden vase or a case good, wood matches any color pattern you choose for a room. (Via Flickr)
3. Sunburst Clock - Like the sputnik chandelier, the sunburst clock can provide a flavorful focal point to your room, plus the metal make up of this piece makes it go well with any other materials and colors. It won't clash in a modern midcentury room.
4. Midcentury Patterns - An easy way to liven up a minimalistic midcentury modern look is by incorporating midcentury patterns into the fabrics of a room. Houndstooth or abstract patterns on pillows on a solid sofa or chair will brighten up the space.
5. Wall Art - Much of modern midcentury design is characterized by low-standing pieces of furniture. The minimalist look of this trend calls for shorter modest sofas, chairs and coffee tables. This allows for rooms to come to life with large pieces of wall art that can tie a room together.
(Via Design Milk)
6. Textured Rugs - With the popularity of wooden accents and floors, a textured and bright rug gives a room a cozier look and can be the perfect way to add color without being overbearing or tie together all the other midcentury accents you've chosen to decorate with. (Via Herz&Blut)